The campsite (tents and small campervans) opening dates are as follows.
- Friday 27 May to Monday 6 June 2022
- Friday 8 July to Wednesday 31 August 2022
We are now taking bookings
Book now by emailing us at email@example.com please include the following details:
- number of adults/children
- arrival and departure dates
- a contact phone number
Booking is essential, we are no longer a ‘turn up and pitch’ site and you will not be able to camp without a booking. Once we receive your details we will confirm booking details by email and arrange a deposit payable by BACs.
Your visit to Downshay
Our spacious fields with lovely views of Corfe Castle are open to tents and small campervans and allow you to spread out, relax and enjoy your holiday.
Watch as the steam train chugs its way across the valley, view amazing sunsets and starlit skies as you sit outside your tent. We are an ideal campsite for children and families. We have a right of admission policy for groups of teenagers and single sex groups.
Our facilities include:
- 2 toilet blocks with a total of 8 showers
- flush toilets
- hot water and washing up areas included in the price
We recently added a spacious bay next to the toilet block with freezers for ice packs and sockets for phone charging (we cannot be held responsible for anything left unattended).
We also have a disposable point for portable toilets – any toilet additive must be Elsan Organic. We are also proud of our full range of recycling facilities.
Swanage Dairy visit the campsite with their mobile shop, great for essentials in the morning (cash only- the doughnuts are top notch)
Harman’s Cross station for Swanage Railway is just a short walk away.
Commercial vans or motorbikes
Sorry but we do not take commercial vans or motorbikes, and no motorhomes. Please note we have no electric pitches on the campsite, only on the caravan site.
Departures and arrivals
When you visit Downshay please:
- arrive between 12 noon and 8pm
- depart by 11am
- do not be late
- check in on arrival at our office in the farmyard
- no loud noise after 11pm, we are a family site
We welcome well behaved dogs but they must be kept on a lead at all times, and you must pick up any dog mess. If your dog barks excessively please do not bring it camping.
Prices per night
Child aged 3 to 11: £2.50
Child aged 12 to 16: £5
Extra car: £2
Boat/jet ski: £2
Our minimum price per night is £15 (e.g. 1 adult, tent & car/campervan)
During your stay at Downshay:
- all chemical toilets must have biodegradable/organic fluid, no facility for Elsan Blue
- campfires must be lit in fire bowls or BBQs but not directly on the ground. Disposable BBQs are being actively discouraged in Dorset due to heath fires so we would not recommend them and they may not be available locally
- we have a BBQ library of pre-owned BBQs and fire bowls you may borrow, first come first served! please be responsible